We are seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the role of Procurement Specialist to purchase computer and technical products. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain relationships. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the right mix of experience, drive, and professional qualities.
- TEAM PLAYER – Able to work as part of a team communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions
- ORGANIZED – ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Solid planning, organizational skills, and analytical skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet time-sensitive deadlines, and willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- COMPUTER SKILLS – Experience with MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel Skills), data processing
- INITIATIVE AND INDEPENDENT – Ability to be resourceful and work without always being told what to do.
The successful candidate will be our point of contact for all purchases of equipment, our inventory manager, and maintain related accounting records within our Line of Business software.
- Work directly with sales manager to process customer orders
- Communicate with vendors regarding availability of product, submit for quotes, process purchase orders, product updates and timely delivery.
- Review POs during month-end close process for potential completion status or follow-up with PO stakeholders for required invoices
- Perform regular inventory reconciliations for discrepancies.
- Interact with various internal departments and contacts to ensure system information matches vendor information
- Interfacing with sales and accounting on purchased materials regarding due dates, expedition and/or inventory and invoicing discrepancies
- Evaluate and report on inventory data: such as stock levels, inventory obsolescence, and inventory turns.
- Maintain database of contracts and recurring services records
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Our inbound equipment orders include large, heavy products such as MFPs, servers, data equipment racks, and the like. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to move all or most inbound inventory with the assistance of appropriate devices such as carts, dollies, etc.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work, including sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to periodically stand, walk, crouch, stoop, bend, and reach across all planes.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment for extended periods of time.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Purchasing or General Accounting experience: 3 years
- Excel: Intermediate to Advanced
8:30 – 5:00, Monday to Friday
Overtime and on-call opportunities as needed
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off